Looking for a snack perfect for movies and road trips that’s airy, crispy, and crunchy? Then look no further! Pork rinds have got you covered. These are fried pieces of pig skin that come in various textures and different unique flavors to make sure that everyone’s needs are met. Some of the varieties of this snack include low carb, high protein, keto, grass-fed, free-range, and organic diet.
With such a wide range of brands and styles to choose from, the type of pork rinds that you opt for is entirely dependent on your personal preferences. Some of the factors that you should put into consideration when buying pork rinds are the ingredients, the cooking process, as well as the farming practices.
Top 5 Pork Rinds – Comparison Table:
Top 10 Best Pork Rinds In The Market
As previously mentioned, there are numerous varieties of pork rinds available in the market today. This can make your decision-making process quite overwhelming. But luckily for you, we have put together a list of 10 different types of pork rinds and we’re going to discuss in detail what exactly causes them to stand out and be among the most sought after.
1. Lowrey’s Bacon Curls Microwave Pork Rinds (Chicharrones)
When it comes to unique flavors and an all-round unique brand, Lowrey takes the lead. The company is always trying to come up with new recipes for creating crunchy and flavor-packed snacks that won’t result in unnecessary weight gain amongst its consumers. Fewer carbs equal less body fat.
These hot and spicy pork rinds are a great snack for anyone looking for a healthy and nutritious snack when they’re hiking, camping, taking a road trip, or just at home watching a movie – they’re way better than popcorn because they keep your energy levels high. Lowrey’s pork rinds come in various flavors but the most sought after is their unique blend of hot & spicy as they satisfy all you need for a better you. What makes this pork rinds stand out aside from their flavor is how they’re packed into a delicious compact package.
To prepare, just pop them in the microwave and follow the instructions on the packaging for a warm crispy snack. Alternatively, you could eat them straight from the bag. You can put any type of sauce you like on them – opportunities are endless with this product
- They’re very easy to cook.
- Low in carbohydrate; less than 1g per serving.
- High in protein; more than 30g per bag
- Low in fa t
2. Utz Pork Rinds, Original Flavor – Keto Friendly Snack
These perfectly crunchy Utz pork rinds are the perfect replacement for potato chips and pretzels. Utz pork rinds are the most recognizable brand in the market and this particular flavor is a keto-friendly snack that you can enjoy anywhere and at any time. They come in a re-sealable barrel that keeps the pork rinds fresh for longer.
The pork rinds are first fried in their own rendered fat before seasoning blends are added to them. This adds a layer of flavor that you wouldn’t find anywhere else. Of course, nothing beats enjoying these pork rinds on their own.
However, they are more than just the perfect snack. They can also be used as a no-carb breadcrumb substitute. All you need to do is crush them and use them in your favorite recipe. They can also be enjoyed with dips, hot sauces, and so much more.
- Light and airy. This is what makes these pork rinds stand out
- Perfectly crunchy and simply better
- Zero carbs per serving making them the perfect snack for people on a low carb diet
- 8g of proteins per serving
- Parked with proteins and sprinkled with just the right amount of salt.
- They’re too expensive for the amount you get
3. Pork King Good Low Carb Keto Diet Pork Rind Breadcrumbs!
Pork King has been changing the snacking game for a while now. When it comes to clean eating, Pork King Good Low-Carb Keto Diet pork rind breadcrumbs can’t be beaten. Even with your own ingredients, there’s no way you can make a healthy snack at home that tastes just as insanely delicious. These pork rind crumbs are the ultimate, natural low-carb and quintessential keto snack food.
Each 12 oz package contains 4 whole cups worth of pork rind crumbs and the jar they’re contained in makes it very easy to scoop and measure. The jars can also be re-sealed to keep the crumbs fresh.
If you’d like to use them in place of breadcrumbs when making chicken fingers, fish sticks, or meatballs, simply coat the meat in something that’ll make the crumbs stick such as an egg mix then cover it with the pork rind breadcrumbs. After that, fry the food or bake as you normally would.
- Light, salty, crunchy, and melts in the mouth
- No cabs
- It’s a great option for people who are following a strict diet
- Gluten-free diet
- Sugar-free diet.
- Convenient as the crumbs come pre-crushed
- Simple and delicious for many recipes
4. Classic Chili & Salt Pork Rinds by 4505 Meats
Curl up on the couch and enjoy a bowl of fresh 4505 classic chili and salt chicharrones in place of popcorn, chips, or crackers. They are made from the skin on the pig’s belly and back. All the fat is fried out during the cooking process. The classic chili and salt flavor combination is one of the most exciting flavors available in the market. The chicharrones are seasoned with a blend of three chilies, sea salt, and a dash of palm sugar.
Our chicharrones are all natural and irresistibly delicious. They’re so delicious you could eat the whole bag in a single sitting without worrying about gaining weight. This particular flavor is a combination of two of the most sought after flavors.
The pork rinds are seasoned with the finest spices available leaving you to taste the care and quality. The pork rinds may also be used with dips, in salads, salsa, baking, and so much more. You really can’t ask for a healthier yet delicious snack.
- Zero carbs and 7g of proteins per serving
- Come in a family pack – 7 oz bulk bag
- Simple yet crispy and crunchy snack
- No added hormones or antibiotics
- They’re keto certified, paleo certified, and naturally gluten-free
5. EPIC Pink Himalayan Salt Pork Rinds, Keto Consumer Friendly
What makes these pork rinds so unique is that they’re made from the skins of the pig’s back and belly which contain the most amount of flavor. The skins are then prepared through an alternative cooking technique as opposed to frying the skins. They then go through a unique processing method to render the fat leaving the pork rinds golden, airy, and crispy after baking. The innovative culinary craftsmanship highlights the rich flavor of the pork skins
These EPIC Artisanal baked Himalayan salt pork rinds may be a classic but they meet all the requirements for modern-day snacks making them a crowd pleasure.
- They don’t contain any carbs
- Gluten and trans-fat free
- A healthy protein snack
- 11g of protein per serving
- They’re keto, paleo, and Atkins diet friendly
- Light consistency and they just melt in your mouth
- The pork rinds are antibiotic free. The animals aren’t treated with antibiotics
- Some of the pieces are hard they can hurt your teeth
6. Epic Artisanal Pork Rinds, Sea Salt & Pepper
Epic focuses on taking iconic snack foods on another level by ensuring that they’re also overall better for your health. This particular snack is made using premium ingredients of everything you want and nothing you don’t, including pork skins, chili peppers, and spices. It’s almost impossible to say no to these pork rinds
Made from a blend of antibiotic-free, non-GMO, organic, and pastured pork complemented with salt and pepper. Using pasteurized pork is very important as anything else tends to be high in omega-6 which over time is inflammatory and dangerous
- A lightweight snack that melts in the mouth. The flavor is like butter
- They’re gluten-free, low-carb, paleo-friendly, and filled with lots of proteins
- The bags have a large percentage of inedible pieces
7. Carolina Gold Nuggets Microwave Pork Puffies Bake-N-Puffs
These thick and crunchy pork rinds are made by a company called Carolina Country Snacks. They’re made using the best cut pork skins for the most intense flavor. These unique pork rinds are packed with flavor through the intense but simple seasonings combined with unique processing techniques.
On the downside, a lot of people complain that the pork rinds are a little dry. You might need to drink water while having these to prevent them from getting stuck on your throat
- The pork rinds have a higher fullness factor than other snacks
- No preservatives are added. The pork rinds are also gluten free
- They contain less than 1g of carbohydrates per serving making
- A fantastic snack option for people following the Atkins diet
- Less fat
- Lots of proteins (18g of proteins per ounce)
- They have a 9-month shelf life and don’t need to be refrigerated
- They’re a little too dry
8. Lowrey’s Bacon Curls Microwave Pork Rinds (Chicharrones)
These particular chicharrones are a fan favorite and all around classic flavor. They’re delicious, crunchy, and make the perfect in-between meals snack
To make, put the bacon curls in the microwave for about 2 minutes and enjoy them warm. Ensure that you watch the bacon curls as they cook so that they don’t overcook. Alternatively, you can eat them straight off their packaging with your favorite sauce.
The Lowrey’s bacon curls microwave pork rinds are sure to satisfy your cravings when you’re watching your carb intake. They have a fantastic flavor that reminds you of a family barbecue. They’re truly one of the most guilt-free snacking options you can have that doesn’t skip out on flavor. This helps you make better choices for a healthier and happier life
- High in protein
- 1g of carbohydrates per serving
- 60% less fat as compared to other pork rinds.
9. Ole’ Uncle Porkers Keto-Friendly Churro Pork Rinds
This is yet another fantastic flavor that checks all the boxes when it comes to the right amount of salt and airiness that you expect from a pork rind. This lets you enjoy a crunchy sweet and salty snack without the carbs. They’re made of fried pork rinds, 100% coconut oil, ground cinnamon, and natural flavoring. All these ingredients’ flavors come together to give the pork rinds a heavy taste in a natural way.
The churro cinnamon flavor is perfect for snacks, fruit dips, and recipe use. Besides snacking, they may also be used with peanut butter as a cracker substitute, crushed for pancakes, as cereal, or as a topping for pudding or yogurt
- All natural
- No added sugar
- No artificial sweeteners
- No sugar alcohols
- No artificial ingredients
- Comes in a large sealed plastic jar with an inner seal
- Virtually no carbohydrates
- Perfect for keto and paleo diets
- Zero sugar making them diabetic friendly
- Gluten-free, low-carb diet friendly
10. Field Trip Keto Diet Friendly, Low Carb, Sweet Chipotle Pork Rinds
Nobody embodies the flavor and texture of the pork rinds better than Field Trip Keto Diet Friendly Sweet Chipotle pork rinds. Field Trip makes snacks for the adventurer in you. Whether you need a snack to cram into your purse, backpack, or camping stash, Field Trip has got you covered.
These pork rinds are high in proteins and lower in carbohydrates. Additionally, they do not contain any added preservatives, artificial flavors, or any other ingredients that might normally turn you away. So you can indulge without feeling guilty. They’re tastier than other typical snacking options available in the market.
The sweet Chipotle pork rinds are seasoned with premium spice blends that add a unique twist to a classic snack. If you’re looking for a healthy snack these pork rinds are the perfect all-natural, on-the-go snack for your next adventure.
- They have a delicate yet powerful crunchiness
- Delicious and nutritious
- Each serving contains 1g of carbohydrates and 80 calories
- Family-friendly. The kids are guaranteed to fall in love with the pork rinds because nothing comes close to the unique flavor of this salty yet sweet snack
Pork rinds are the perfect snacking option for people who are looking to satisfy their cravings yet would wish to eat healthily. For us, the best pork rinds have to be the Utz pork rind original flavor. This keto-friendly snack is the go-to snack for a low carb diet as it has zero carbs and 8g of proteins. They’re also trans-fat free and contain just the perfect amount of salt making them ideal for people who have issues with intake levels of sodium.
We do hope that this piece shed some light on the different types of pork rinds that are available in the market and how you should about choosing the right one for you especially if you’re watching your weight.