Looking for the best way to serve frozen lasagna? Simply reheat in your microwave oven to make it ideal to taste. But it should be done in a planned way. If you don’t know how to reheat lasagna in oven, then follow our process to get your perfect lasagna. Reheating could be done in microwave and in oven. We are going to introduce both the two well used methods of reheating lasagna;
Process To Reheat Lasagna
1. Reheating Lasagna in Microwave
Reheating lasagna in microwave in the most popular way. For it’s simple and timely attitude it cuts more people acceptance. Additionally, you know the time taken in full process. And you can deal with one or a single portion at a time.
Frozen lasagna which was in the refrigerator overnight should reheat in microwave by following steps.
- Put your lasagna on a microwave safe dish
- Drop a small amount of water on top of lasagna
- Then wrap it with plastic foil
- Heat it for 6 to 7 minutes
- Take lasagna out carefully
- Make sure it heated perfectly from each and every corner
- You are ready to serve delicious lasagna
Lasagna reheating isn’t so easy even with the most modern microwave without following the right process. You can apply a trick to get even better reheating. Make small holes in the middle of frozen lasagna which helps heat the dish more evenly. But you have to make the holes with a tube shapes corer.
2. Reheating Lasagna in Oven
If you want to get the exact taste of lasagna, then need to reheat with oven. Oven is the most preferred method to reheat food. Even you can reheat your lasagna without any complexity. Only you have to remember few steps sequentially.
- Primarily heat up your oven to 375° F
- Then put lasagna in oven safe dish
- Drop 2/3 tablespoon water on top of the lasagna
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil
- Place lasagna dish in the oven
- Heat oven 350° until the internal temperature goes up 165°
- Wait around 15 to 20 minutes
- Take lasagna out of the oven carefully
- Ready to serve!
Also you can keep your oven at a lower temperature. But it will take 20/25 minutes more to get ready. The extra time needed to heat the lasagna in the oven at 350° F.
The oven method similarly works better for leftover lasagna in restaurants. Similarly, this method highly used to reheat homemade frozen lasagna.
Is Reheating Lasagna Healthy?
Leftover foods come out with blessing in your busy days. But you have to pay proper attention to its safety. Basically the storing and reheating process should be done in safest process.
Especially, when you store lasagna enrich meat or poultry, you must follow all our guidelines. On account of United States Department of Agriculture Food Safety and Inspection the scientists told to refrigerate meat at least 2 hours earlier of your cooking.
If you want to refrigerate leftover lasagna you have to seal it properly. Then refrigerate immediately with 0° F or below.